Mounting bracket height

Phinphan

I am expecting my cv1800 next week and I want to mount it as high as possible. What is the distance from the ceiling to the bracket? I have very high ceiling

thanks
Cody

Rushton

Cody, the installation instruction manual (page 8) states that the top edge of the crossbar for the Clear Vue steel mounting arms should be mounted at 95.5" for a standard 8' (96") ceiling height installation.

My recollection from my CV1800 installation in my former low-ceiling basement shop is that my motor extended above the top of this cross bar, but I was intentionally raising my motor high into the spaces between my ceiling joists to get enough overall height to fit the cyclone into my shop. With the motor suspended lower on those mounting rods, the 1/2" clearance above the top edge of the cross bar is likely an accurate measurement if you have plenty of height to work with. Still, I'd allow more than just that 1/2" clearance if you can.

And, congratulations on your purchase of a CV1800. I think you'll love it!

Last edited:

Phinphan

Thanks for the reply I’m looking for the bar that mounts to the wall to the ceiling. I’ve poured over the drawing and instructions but it’s doesn’t say.

Rushton

Cody, are you talking about this steel bar at the top of the mounting bracket?

aluminum-hanging-brackets.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	aluminum-hanging-brackets.jpg Views:	0 Size:	13.0 KB ID:	14474
If so, that's the bar I'm talking about. Did you look at the installation manual on page 8 as I noted?

There really is no height limitation. Put it up as high as you want. Your only limitation is going to be the amount of flex hose you'll have to add to reach the lid of your dust collection drum and allowing a bit of room above the bar for the motor to extend in adjustment

Instructions on Page 8:

ClearVueMountingBracketHeight.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	ClearVueMountingBracketHeight.png Views:	0 Size:	82.5 KB ID:	14475

Last edited:

Rushton

The only two concerns I can think of in going extraordinarily high are:

1) over 10' in drop from the main trunk line may create for a challenging situation to maintain air velocity. If this is what you plan, you might want to talk with Clear Vue directly about your planned installation. 10' or less drop from the main trunk will be no problem whatsoever.

2) if your dust barrel is 10' or more below the bottom of the cyclone's funnel, you might want to plan for some solid pipe instead a full run of flex duct just to ease the dust settlement down the tube.

Other than these two thoughts, I don't see any problem mounting high. Here are some examples of high mounts with no problems at all:

Clear Vue High Mount - Andrew Pitts.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	Clear Vue High Mount - Andrew Pitts.jpg Views:	0 Size:	124.3 KB ID:	14478Andrew Pitt's installation - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvUMsqhegWI&t=554s

Clear Vue High Mount - April Wilkerson.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	Clear Vue High Mount - April Wilkerson.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.4 KB ID:	14479
Clear Vue High Mount - April Wilkerson 2.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	Clear Vue High Mount - April Wilkerson 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.0 KB ID:	14480
April Wilkerson's Installation - https://youtu.be/OfrXIiJyqkQ?t=239

Phinphan

Yeah I have watched them thanks for that. Can you tell me that measurement? From the horizontal wall mount to the ceiling?

Rushton

Nope, can't tell you what these are. As I told you before, 1/2" is the Clear Vue instruction by interpolating from the information they provide on page 8.

Last edited:

Curly1

Have you asked CV? Send Cathy a message through the contact us thing on their site with what you need and she will get an answer for you.

Pete

Rushton

I used to own a CV1800 in my home shop, then I moved. Now I've got on order a CVMAX to install in the shared woodworking shop of the new community where I'm living.

What measurement are you looking for? I thought you said you were trying to determine the height you needed from the top of the steel cross bar of the mounting bracket to the ceiling. If so, allow a minimum of 1/2" - i.e., the highest on the wall you should plan to place the top of that steel cross bar is 1/2" down from the ceiling. I'd put it at least 4" down to allow more vertical adjustment of the motor plate, and some breathing room for heat to rise up from the motor, but 1/2" is the minimum distance from the ceiling.

If there is some other measurement you need, tell us more and we can try to sort this out with you.

Rushton

Have you asked CV? Send Cathy a message through the contact us thing on their site with what you need and she will get an answer for you.

Always good to check with Clear Vue for advice. They are very helpful, and Cathy was the best!

Unfortunately, Cathy left Clear Vue in February. She told me she received an offer that was right within her field of training and couldn't pass it up. For now, Paul is filling in for sales and service.

Rushton

And Pete, just to keep trying to help you... The reason there is no measurement in the instruction manual or dimensional drawings of any "distance from the ceiling to the bracket" is that this is not a critical measure for installation. The critical measurements are the minimum heights needed from the floor up, and the side-to-side measurements. You can mount the thing as high up on the wall as you'd like, other than for the considerations I mentioned above in post #6.

Curly1

Cathy was there for quite a while and as you said very helpful. Hope her new job works out well for her. ;) I guess Paul will have to do. ;)

Pete

Phinphan

Thanks guys I appreciate the help, it arrived today I’ll mock it up on my bench. It appears that the motor extends above the cross bar so if I knew it was 3” above the crossbar I would mount it 4” down from the ceiling. I have a closet I built and want the pipe to come out of the closet as high as possible. That’s the reason for my question thanks again

Cody

Curly1

There have been lots of people that have positioned the motor between rafters/joists to make it fit. Just allow for air to circulate around the motor for cooling.
Pete

Rushton

Thanks guys I appreciate the help, it arrived today I’ll mock it up on my bench. It appears that the motor extends above the cross bar so if I knew it was 3” above the crossbar I would mount it 4” down from the ceiling. I have a closet I built and want the pipe to come out of the closet as high as possible. That’s the reason for my question thanks again

Good luck with the installation, Cody. Send us pics! And continue to ask questions if someone here might be able to help.

Phinphan

System is in, ductwork is 90% done. I made my closet kinda tight, tt all fits but not much room. Not sure how to post pictures. The thing definitely sucks! In a good way