Moving to new house with ClearVue

david_777888

I have a 7 year old ClearVue with mild use (hobbyist, unfortunately sometimes a few weeks without being turned on). I am about to move to a new house about 5 hours away, so I am disassembling everything.
  1. Would this be a good time to replace the filters, or can I just take them outside and blow them out with compressed air?
  2. After shutoff, the system has a squeak to it as it spins down. I saw one post on the forum for a 7-year old ClearVue (funny timing?) with the same problem, but the only reply was that they didn't think there was a problem.
  3. I have the motor and impeller still attached to each other and securely attached to wooden blocks to keep them off the floor (see attached picture). Can I transport them like this in the back of a uhaul? Should I separate them?
Thanks,
-David

Attachments

• motor_and_impeller.JPG
    motor_and_impeller.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 0
You can use a leaf blower outdoors to clean the filters from the inside. The motor and impeller should be fine for transport as bolted down as you show. Motor squeaks may be coming from the centrifugal switch in it -- as long as it still spins up to full speed when re-assembled, you should be okay. Do not start the motor without the system fully re-assembled.

This is a very good machine. All you have to do is go out into the fresh air to clean it. There is nothing wrong with the strange squeak the equipment makes. The only thing that might help you is reassembling the unit. And on the subject of moving, I would advise you to reconsider every home option carefully. You can't get along with this kind of equipment everywhere. When I moved to a new site, Boutique Home Plans helped me with an immediate preliminary build price, a house plan, and assistance with further work. This was extremely important to me, as not every company provides quality services.

Last edited:
Back