New CV1800 Installation Completed

SShreiner

I just wanted to share a bit of my elation and experience at completing my CV1800 installation. I'm building out my first shop and did not have any experience with Dust Collection systems. My research led me to ClearVue and I have not been disappointed. The customer support before and after the sale has been terrific! I'm extremely pleased with the system performance.

My CV installation is in an attached shed to the shop and I installed the optional electric box w/remote as well as the Bin Full Sensing unit by McRabbet Woodworks. I highly recommend both especially for a remote or "closet" installation. I used 6" D2729 S&D PVC piping for the ducting and 4" Flx-Thane MD flex hose for connection to my machines. I also discovered that there are special "bridge clamps" that are made especially for flex hose connections that jump the helical wire for a very tight connection to your pipe or exhaust ports. These are available at some flex hose suppliers, McMaster-Carr, or Rockler. I used Rockler's Dust Right quick connect system to allow easy connect/disconnect to my table saw and jointer/planer which are in the middle of my shop in order to keep me from tripping over the flex hose when they are not in use.

I didn't want my new shop to look like the basement of a hospital (LOL) so I took pains to clean the PVC, put the labeling where it wouldn't be seen, and use white cable ties and custom made brackets to attach the ducting to the walls and ceiling.

I would especially like to thank Cathy Currier (ClearVue) and Rob Payne (McRabbet Woodworks) for their great support and advice to this "newbie" woodworker.

If you're interested, here's the link to my gallery album documenting my installation.

http://www.gallery2.clearvuecyclones.com/v/CV1800+and+CVMax/SShreiner/

Hope this is helpful!

Scott

Scott,

Don't sell yourself short on being a "newbie" woodworker -- that shop would make most woodworkers extremely jealous -- it is beautiful and very thoughtfully laid out. I was more than happy to help you with advice on your Bin full Sensor installation and like the "non-hospital" white look to the control box with the white PVC next to it. As most folks know, the standard unit is fire engine red so it stands out quite a bit more than yours.

I think many of people that purchase my bin sensor will also like your choice to mount the sensors on the wall behind your bin so they do not need to be attached to the bin cover and dealt with when emptying the bin. A few other people have done the same and all report that it makes the bin handling easier -- the user just needs to be certain that the sensors align through the translucent flexible duct below the cyclone when the bin is replaced.

Nice installation and great pictures.

Back