NFPA664 compliant DC

PineBagger

The NordFab rep today told me that the Clearvue cyclones are not NFPA664 compliant. Should this be a concern for me?
They actually didn't even want to quote me ducting or do ducting design using the Clear Vue.

I am so glad you reached out with this question!

First of all, in response to what you were told by your "Nordfab rep", Nordfab (for the most part) actually does not work one-on-one with the public. They work through a series of distributors, of which we are one. We actually do a lot of work with Nordfab. Not only do they provide ductwork design that integrates with any and all of our cyclone systems, they actually build some of the raw material components of our Pentz EF5 for us.

I am confident the response you were given was not direct from Nordfab, but instead through one of their independent distributors. Distributors tend to have their own preference on dust collection systems - as a Nordfab distributor we of course promote our own cyclone systems whenever possible! This response from their "rep" is not at all reflective of the long-standing, trusted relationship we have had with Nordfab over the years.

As for NFPA 664 compliance, I encourage you to familiarize yourself with the standard, in particular chapter 8 which covers dust collectors. You'll note that the standard is not solely about just the dust collector, but also how you install, duct, exhaust it, etc. It's a bigger topic than simply which collector to buy. It's important to note that NFPA 664 applies only to commercial, industrial or institutional facilities that are 5,000 sq ft or larger.

If configured and ducted properly, our Pentz EF5 cyclone does meet the NFPA 664 requirements, but again, it all depends on where you locate it, how you duct it, etc. We are more than happy to work with you further on the topic. Please feel free to give our Customer Service Department a call at 888-299-0221.

Back