Noise Control Question

Mike Goetzke

I'm very satisfied with the sound level of my CV1800 in my garage /shop. I live in a tri-level house and the garage is attached. As I walk down the steps to go in the house at the family room level (about 4' below grade) I can hear a low freq. resonance. Even if I close the solid wood door and walk down the hallway in the house I can still hear it. Is this structural borne noise?

Here is my mount:

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

I have two rubber vibration mounts at the blower side of the mounting threaded rods. You can see I bolted a stud to the ceiling joists through the drywall. Trapped in the stud I have nuts to transfer the load from the threaded rods to the stud. I do have two more mounts available. I was thinking I may be able to go in the attic and put isolators between the threaded rods and ceiling joists from above and remove the stud mount???

Help appreciated.

Mike

Noise Control Question

Mike,
How about climbing up into the attic with the cyclone running and just lean on the joists near the mounts. I'll bet you can feel the vibrations. Worth a try?
bababrown

Mike,
How about climbing up into the attic with the cyclone running and just lean on the joists near the mounts. I'll bet you can feel the vibrations. Worth a try?
bababrown

Great idea - maybe I can lay on them as a damper and see is the noise is reduced too (sort of joking but sort of serious too:D).

Mike

Back