Noise level with 15” vs 16” impeller on CV1800 LH

Pete91

Can anyone share any thoughts on what the difference in noise is between the CV1800 with the standard 15” impeller vs the upgraded 16”? I’m considering purchasing the CV1800 for my basement workshop and I thought going with the 16” made sense for a stronger system but am worried about increased noise as I have living areas upstairs. Thanks in advance!

McRabbet

Senior Forum Member
Pete,

While I do not have any data to describe the difference in sound levels from the two differently equipped blowers, I would reason that their difference is insignificant. Either model will produce over 85 dB of sound output that will require some measure of sound attenuation. If open to the shop, ear protection will be mandatory. Many users have built sound-deadening closets to house their cyclones within their shops or have located the cyclones in an adjacent space to have an intervening wall to help reduce the sound impact. I would recommend mounting the unit with isolation from the house wall structure. Mine is mounted in a stand-alone frame attached to a concrete pad and because I have a high crawl space under my shop, that is where it is located (2 floors below people space). The frame could be extended to house the filters or the filters could be placed in the shop with 10" - 12" duct connection to the blower outlet. Or the exterior of the frame could have sound-deadening sides added to form a closet as suggested.
My ClearVue2 Update.jpg