Outdoor cyclone

andyweber1

I’m looking at using the CV1450 single phase for my home shop. Due to space constraints (garage shared with vehicles) I’m considering placing the cyclone outside. Any tips for this? Will the motor and polycarbonate cyclone hold up in the winter (I live near Kansas City)? I’m thinking of enclosing it in a non-climate-controlled (but weather proof) enclosure to protect the motor. I would likely place the canister filters in the garage to prevent losing HVAC-conditioned air. Anyone try this approach or have tips? Thanks!

Here is my plan.
A couple of issues make placing my cyclone outside the best route to take.
I’m building a lean-to onto the existing building that will be insulated and small enough to be heated by a ceramic panel heater. Basically, the same idea as others are using by mounting the cyclone and filter in another room. Then a register is installed through the wall of the existing building and lean-to allowing the filtered air to pass back into the shop. It will free up space now taken up by the existing brand X cyclone that has been there since the shop was new and even provide a little extra storage space.

Back