Overbags for my filters

Erik

Happy New Year to everybody.

The overbag: It is a fine nylon mesh that is put around the outside of the filter to stop chips getting into the pleats of the filter and to make the filter faster an easyer to clean.
I had need for something after I had a bin overflow into the filters and had to spend a day cleaning my filters. Because I set my filters up differently to the 'norm', but according to the design of the manufacturer, making the air flow from the outside to the inside. Cleaning the filters is than done from the inside with compressed air.
By accedent I found an image where an overbag is put over filters in the woodindustry. http://www.farrapc.com/products/overbags
I contacted my Danaldson supplier and he sent me partnr 262-2099. They were not a perfect fit but easy to adapt. (they were for a model with a bigger diameter)

I will try to get some warning system in place but until then this protection is a great step forward.

You can find more pics in the gallery. I added the pics at the end (of the galley).
http://www.gallery2.clearvuecyclones.com/v/CV1800+and+CVMax/Erik_Gent/

Erik
Gent, Belgium

Attachments

• RIMG0110-3.jpg
    RIMG0110-3.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Ok, here is some updated info for those who are looking for these overbags. Use Erik's link from above and then find the contact names for your country.

Part number that fits the filters supplied by Clearvue/Wynn is: 207474001
Cost is ~$70 USD per overbag. For those who clog their filters like I do - priceless! Hah!

Hope that helps anyone else looking for these.

Ok, here is some updated info for those who are looking for these overbags. Use Erik's link from above and then find the contact names for your country.

Part number that fits the filters supplied by Clearvue/Wynn is: 207474001
Cost is ~$70 USD per overbag. For those who clog their filters like I do - priceless! Hah!

Hope that helps anyone else looking for these.

I thought I was very careful checking my bin but stuffed the system twice over the last 3-years. For about the $140 I purchased a bin sensor and not only haven't overfilled the system after about 20 bag fulls but when I say bag fulls they are full. So you don't waste your time checking the bin or removing 1/2 or 2/3's full bins.

Mike

The overbags are a great idea for protecting those expensive filters, but the other solution is prevention of the dust bin overflow that causes the problem. For those of you that are interested in Mike's bin sensor, it is one that I am making and selling -- I have 10 happy cyclone customers in the US and Canada so far!

I provide some basic details in this thread -- I am currently looking at options to make it more available to all ClearVue owners. Feel free to contact me for more details.

Last edited:
Back