Parallel Filter arrangement with Inlet a Bottom Box - CV 1800

da Yooper

My Clearvue CV 1800 has been installed since around 2009. I would like to change my filter arrangement to make it easier to clean the filters. There are two Gallery installs of the filter arrangement in parallel, but the inlet is into a box beneath the filters and the filters are mounted on top of the box. One is Rod and Denise's shop. The other is Louie's Custom Built Godzilla Cyclone with Side Mounted Blower and Muffler. I am very curious to see if the arrangement works well and if they still have the filters in this arrangement.

I talked to Paul in customer service today. The issue he sees is where the fine dust ends up. It probably falls out of the filter when the system shuts down.

My thought is to either go with the top manifold entry or the bottom as these two examples. The filter box assembly would be on casters and could be wheeled outside to blow out the filters. Maybe it would be more work than disassembling the filters stacked, but the bottom box could be clear like in Louie's arrangement and you could see what is going on.

Any thoughts on either arrangement.

Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

Back