Pentz Diverter Box for Switching between Ouside and Filter Venting

rccbflyer

Any ideas on the best way to implement this Pentz's Diverter box?

Is there something that is commercially available that works in this application?

I used Bill's diverter idea to come up with my own design to switch the exhaust between an outside vent or inside filters. It is shown in the Gallery DIY section, danscyclone, starting with photo c29. It's been working great for me. I don't know of one commercially available.

I used Bill's diverter idea to come up with my own design to switch the exhaust between an outside vent or inside filters. It is shown in the Gallery DIY section, danscyclone, starting with photo c29. It's been working great for me. I don't know of one commercially available.

thanks for the quick response

this looks great

regards

Diverter box

Diverter box

I modified the standard 90 degree outlet fitting and turned it into a diverter box that can either direct the airflow down to the filters or up to a duct that vents to the exterior. I had to build two new side plates and a ring for the upper outlet, but was able to use the plastic pieces that came with the elbow and just added a flat piece of lexan for the damper that switches airflow. If I ever figure out how to upload pictures to the gallery, I will post them.

Back