Planning for a low ceiling basement

bugnurd

Hi all,

I've recently bought a new house, and my shop will be going into the basement. Laundry is also in the basement, so good dust collection will be paramount and I was thinking that a clearvue would be one of my best options. Problem is the ceilings down there are low... like, really low. Floor to the bottom of the joists is only 6'10". I've read a lot about doing a smaller collection drum, and mounting the filters side by side. Even then, It's going to be really tight. I'm trying to figure out if I can set it up so that the motor goes between the joists. To do this, I would probably have to flip the wall mounting bracket upside down. It doesn't seem to interfere with any other parts in this configuration. Does this seem like a good idea, or will there be issues. I've never seen one in person, and I'm just going off a sketchup model that I downloaded.

Here's a picture of what I would like to do...
https://flic.kr/p/2jW3BFX

Curly1

There are one or two installations in the gallery of CVs mounted on an angle to fit in rooms with low headroom.

Pete

derffales

I don't think the basement should be used as a "dirt room. This was the case in my parents' house and in many people I know. This space can be used as a recreational area or sports space. In my house, we divided the basement into two areas. At the designers' suggestion, we decorated the basement in light colors. We installed a lot of different light sources there, as it creates a cozy atmosphere in the evening. We had a pool and a workout area in the basement. Now all members of the family can exercise at any convenient time.

Last edited: