Please restore lost photos and threads

Fingerpicker

Hi Folks,

Almost three years after purchasing my CV1800 from Ed Morgano, my shop is finally ready for its installation. During this time Clear Vue Cyclones has changed ownership and has moved from coast to coast.

In previous visits to the forum, I recall seeing where other members had posted some really good detailed photos and descriptions of system wiring and discussion of various remote control options, among other things. I particularly recall an excellent post with detailed wiring photos and schematic drawings of the motor, control box / relay, bin sensor and remote.

I think that I have searched every corner of the forum and can no longer find those very helpful posts. If you had previously posted installation photos, questions or other helpful items that no longer are on the site, I think it would be a big help to many people if you would re-post. Certainly, it would help me and I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Kim Kasdorf (fingerpicker)

McRabbet

Senior Forum Member
Kim,

I suspect that you missed the photographic resources found in the Photo Gallery that is just a click away from the ClearVue Cyclones home page (found under Community). There are several years worth of installation photos by CV clients going back to the earliest years under Ed Morgano and his son Matt. I'd recommend that you browse through the CV1800 section and be sure to check all the albums (some have sub-albums) for loads of details.

As for other specifics in your middle paragraph, I'd suggest an Advanced Search (click on Search on the main menu bar and then Advanced Search) of these forums for several key words -- e.g., if you search using "bin sensor", you'll find some informative threads and posts on bin sensors going back four or more years. Do the same for "Remote" and "schematic" and any other terms you are wanting information about.

Hope this helps.

Fingerpicker

Restoration of lost photos

Restoration of lost photos

Thanks Rob,

I had missed some of the sub folders, but I still have not found the specific post I recall that had really nice annotated photos of motor wiring and electrical relay and remote control wiring. I thought that it was a forum post instead of on the CV main site, but I could certainly be mistaken.

I'm still working out the best physical layout for the collector, filters, control box and air compressor in my rather narrow equipment closet. Before I mount the motor, I need to make sure I have good dust bin (trash can) access.

When I actually start installing equipment, I'll post an installation photo log.

I really appreciate the generosity and creativity of forum members. It was the CV community and forum as well as Bill Pentz's site that sold me on Clear Vue in the first place.

Kim Kasdorf (fingerpicker)

Jim O'Dell

Welcome to the family Kim! About your questions on placement, etc. can you post a diagram of the space you will be using for your shop? Maybe give us some dimensions including height? I bet we can come up with some suggestions for you. Jim.

Fingerpicker

Cyclone location

Cyclone location

Jim,

I was quite concerned about mounting my system along the back (exterior) wall of my equipment closet because with the exhaust on the right and intake on the left, I was going to need well over 4" of back clearance. I will try to attach a couple of photos that hopefully show what I mean. I was also very concerned about lifting the motor assembly up to the mount in a very cramped space.

I woke up from a dream yesterday with a brainstorm and sketched out a new layout in AutoCAD where I will mount the motor on the closet end wall. I am attaching a couple of pdf files from the 2d AutoCAD plan. Next, I need to work out mounting height and electrical box location. the 30A 220v circuit comes into the closet on the end wall and is terminated in a box about 8' above the floor (I had a 50' length of #10 wire and just made it to the closet from the breaker panel).

More to follow as I move along.

I just realized that this response should be under the thread I started concerning "CV1800 Mounting distance from wall". I don't know if I am allowed to move it, but perhaps the Forum moderator can do that. It would probably be best to post any replies or comments to this under the correct thread.
icon11.gif

Kim Kasdorf (Fingerpicker)

Attachments

• Impeller Housing + transition 4.375 from back of mount.jpg
    Impeller Housing + transition 4.375 from back of mount.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Motor Mount bracket needs to extend 2.125 more to rear.jpg
    Motor Mount bracket needs to extend 2.125 more to rear.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Shop Layout 1-5-13.pdf
    78.9 KB · Views: 1
  • CV in closet plan 1-5-13.pdf