Question concerning actual working size

Sean_2280

I have yet to purchase the CV1800 but am in the process of setting up my shop. It may be a few months before I get the funds together to do so but in the mean time I would like to set an area aside for it. For those that already have one what would you say would be the actual "working" dimensions? I don't want to set aside valuable space and have it go unused due to over estimating what I need, nor do i want to start laying out my tools only to find out in the end I could have really used a foot or 2 here or there because I don't have the necessary space to change out filters easily, dust bin dumping, etc.

Just looking for "To make things easy, you need to set aside X feet left to right."

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Sean

Sean,
There are drawings on the cv site with dimensions. You need to make a few decisions to proceed. Start with at least a rough layout of the system so you can decide if you want a left or right hand cyclone. The cyclone body can be rotated with respect to the blower and filter and this can change the width significantly. Also decide if you want to put the unit in a closet for noise control as that will take more room. I would recommend spending some time planning the layout. Also, if possible try to gain some height over the minimum of 96 inches ad that will make emptying the bin easier. There are many examples in the gallery to give you ideas. Good luck!
Bababrown

Sean -

I built a sound enclosure closet for my CV. I've posted a lot of pictures in the Gallery MarkFerraro. The interior of the finished closet is about 6'x6'. Side to side my installation fits with not an inch to spare. I was able to tweak the installation because I had the room to make adjustments.

I don't regret building a robust closet, as I can use the exterior and interior walls to hang fixtures and storage items. Sound control is excellent and I can control the return air into the shop from the CV.

Allowing plenty of room to maneuver the CV parts can't be over emphasized. Getting the intake ramp correct/perfect makes all the difference. Getting the main trunk line to enter the transition thru a wall was nerve racking, but I'm very pleased that I could use smooth wall rigid pipe and a rubber connector boot to ensure a low turbulence entrance into the CV.

Good luck!

Minimum Space Requirments for CV1800

Minimum Space Requirments for CV1800

Sean_2280,

I managed to tuck the CV1800 into a space 28” deep, 55” wide, and 101” high. The 55” could be reduced a little, but probably not much more than 3” – 4” without effecting air flow around the filters. The height can be reduced, but the dust (chip) collection bin capacity would be reduced from 40 gallons. Electric boxes and the inlet are not included in the 55”.

The CV1800 is set in an enclosure similar to, but a little different from the plan described by tamathumper. I only enclosed the CV1800. The filters set outside of the enclosure. The enclosure in sound insulated and the filter stack and the filter transition are shielded with sound insulation in a way that lets the filters breath. The entire build is on casters so it can be pulled out of the corner for any service or repairs that may be required. If interested, I posted a full description with a sketch and some pics of this build at

http://www.clearvuecyclones.com/Bullentin/showthread.php?t=1758

Back