Remote Control Not Working

Mike Goetzke

I've had my cyclone for several years now. Just this week the remote will not turn off the cyclone unless it's a couple feet from the receiver. I first thought the battery so I changed it. I pushed a button to make sure the battery was good and it actually turned on the cyclone from about 75' away but off only works a couple feet away still.

Any help appreciated.

(edited - I found a replacement unit on Amazon for $16 so just ordered it)

Thanks,

Mike

Last edited:
I agree with your analysis of a bad remote. I picked up a couple of extra remotes when putting my system together. It is great to have them in different zones of the shop. Open up the old one (after the new one arrives) to see if you can find some sawdust under the broken button.

Steve

I received my new remote unit last night. Good thing I purchased the whole unit. Ends up my remote was good but the power unit was bad order.

Mike

I received my new remote unit last night. Good thing I purchased the whole unit. Ends up my remote was good but the power unit was bad order.

Mike

So now you have a spare remote. :)

You may have to match the jumpers so both remotes are on the same frequency.

Steve

Remote won't turn DC off.

Remote won't turn DC off.

Mike, how did you determine it was the control unit and what were you able to do to rectify the problem?
The same thing happened to me this week.

Back