remote control?

bassplugger

i have a 1800 ordered. Not sure what is included electrically, with the basic order. I did not order the 250.00 electrical box. If I order the Lamson remote is there anything else I will need to have on hand to complete the wiring? thanks

The CV1800 includes a "heavy duty motor relay", which is shown on their website as a Fasco H230B. It has a 120 Volt coil and is easy to interface to the Lamson remote. All you need is an enclosure, a few bushings for your 240 V cable coming in and out and a bushing for a 120 Volt cord to enter the enclosure. You'll need to buy a short extension cord to connect the male end into the Lamson remote outlet and then cut off the female end and using quick connectors, connect the Black and White wires in the cord to the male spade connectors on each side of the Fasco relay (the coil connectors). Use at least #10 wire (e.g., 10/2 Non-metallic cable) for your cyclone supply to a 30 Amp breaker and I'd recommend using #10 Female Quick connectors to connect the two hot leads to one side of the Fasco and from the opposite side to the motor junction box.

I've attached an old photo that shows the basics of this hookup using a 4" x 4" plastic enclosure. The yellow cord (I'd use a different one that is round in cross-section which you can find in an inexpensive 14/2 cord from your home center) should be connected to each side of the Fasco relay -- disregard the white NM cable at the lower right as that is how this configuration is used to interface to my Bin Sensor. In your case, the black wire from the Remote outlet cord should be removed from the Blue connector shown connected to my Yellow and a Blue Female Quick connector placed on it and then it connects to the coil where the White wire shown from the NM cable is connected. Note that the Ground wire from the 10/2 cable supplying the 240 V power is passed through the enclosure and it gets attached to the CV 1800 motor ground screw. A low cost and safe solution.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 100_6423 small.jpg
    100_6423 small.jpg
    485.8 KB · Views: 0
thanks mcrabbett, that was a very informative answer to my question and a perfect picture for me. I am going to order the lamson remote tonight, talked with cathy at clear vue and she said ups is on the way with my dc, should be here monday

Back