SDR35 fittings and D2729 pipe

Whiskey Bob

I found a good source for 6" D2729 pipe. Ace Hardware, everyone should have an Ace within easy driving distance. They may not have it in the store, but they can order and it will ship free to the store. Search for "sewer pipe". Mine took two days and they sent me an e-mail when it was ready. Cost was $20 for a 10' stick. I found the fittings at CompletePlumbingSource.com. Cheaper than McMaster even with the shipping. I was all ready to order everything from a plumbing supply house near me when I found the pipe on-line at Ace. All together I paid about a third of what the plumbing supply place quoted me. Saved about $1,000.

Rushton

This is a useful thread to resurrect and add to. I hope others will, as well. Here are some results from my research for sources of 6" D-2729 pipe and SDR35 fittings this past February 2021:
  • ACE Hardware is now "Do It Best" and the various stores do stock SDR35 fittings for 6" pipe. They also carry 6" bell end SDR35 straight pipe.
  • McMaster-Carr carries D-2729 straight pipe in 10' lengths and SDR35 fittings. They will ship the straight pipe by ground on a pallet at a reasonable charge, and if you have more items in the same order, they will strap it onto the same pallet if it can fit for a small additional charge (e.g., another $10-20)
  • Ferguson Waterworks is a national chain supplying water supply contractors, they will sell direct to consumer. They offer only SDR35 pipe and couplings, but in addition to 6", they also carry 8" which I needed for my main trunk lines. Unfortunately, in my area of the country they could not locate any bell (solvent weld) end pipe, only gasket end pipe. For pricing, don't rely on the website. Call and talk to a parts desk representative. Mine was happy to quote me some pricing that was significantly less than the website prices. And for fittings, be sure to look for solvent weld fittings (hub/bell-end) not gasket.
  • Drainage Solutions had some of the best pricing for fittings that I found, and they carried the Normandy Products fittings which I like because of their slightly larger radius curvatures. They didn't have any straight pipe, however. (link here)
  • In this region we have a landscape and irrigation supply chain called SiteOne Landscape Supply that carries 6" D-2729 straight pipe and SDR35 fittings. Their retail to consumer pricing seems high, but their contractor pricing are will below what you will see on their website. So, advice would be to know what your talking about, get the lingo straight, and go straight to their parts desk to get your pricing - maybe you'll be lucky as I was. Alternative, if you know a contractor, see if you can get someone to act as your intermediary.
  • Your local Lowes or Home Depot or Menards or Tractor Supply may also have some SRD35 6" fittings. This will vary by the store.
  • And don't forget Clear Vue for their 6x4x4 transition - I've not found an SRD35 alternative to this transition anywhere.
We also need a dust barrel. If you're looking for a fiber barrel as I was, I can suggest BASCO as a resource (link here). Of course, shipping will cost more than the barrel. ULINE also carries fiber barrels, but as of the time I was searching BASCO seemed to have better pricing and their customer service was great!