Small shop noise

psepanski

I have limited space for the cyclone in my woodwork shop. If I don't have the space to place it in a separate insulated area. Will the noise level still be manageable?

I think it depends on how you exhaust. If you live away from other houses, I'd recommend exhausting outside. The noise on mine is very manageable that way. If you need to use filters to keep the air inside, then build a folded baffle port in the attic for the return air after it is filtered. That will help cut down on noise. Works like a muffler on a car by canceling noise as it changes direction of the air flow. Just make it over sized so you don't lose air flow because the exhaust is choked down. I'd make it equal to a 10 or 12" pipe. Jim.

Also, consider putting it in an outside closet / addition and returning the air thru an opening. That pretty much eliminates the blower noise. I think the clear vue is quieter than most cyclones but the air noise alone in the shop is enough for me.
bababrown

I have limited space for the cyclone in my woodwork shop. If I don't have the space to place it in a separate insulated area. Will the noise level still be manageable?

My CV1800 takes up no more space than my Jet 1100 did. I was able to get it to just barely fit between the outside wall and overhead door track. Since I took the pic below I have built a sheetrock wall around it and lined it with mineral-wool insulation - this made a world of difference as far as sound is concerned.

Mike

Back