Talk about noise!

Guitarman

Talk about noise! As I said yesterday the monster was hung and wired, (almost), well I couldn't wait and with the other half out of town I could put off a few honeydo's and complete the wiring. :p By the way the wiring diagram is very straight forward and easy to follow if you know basic 120/220 wiring, any doubts, get an electrician. I turned it on, open in all directions, it worked as advertised.:D Lord this thing is NOISY! :(

In all fairness it will be a lot quieter with the piping and filters installed. However it made up my mind to rebuild with a free standing mount and rubber damp wherever I can with doubled up floormat material. I intend encloseing the unit with six inch thick walls with fiberglass bats and 3/4 MDF with carpet on the ceiling, floor, and walls. Another area that will need addressing will be sound baffleing where the air is returned through the enclosure wall. If anyone else has tried any of these ideas, please let me know if I am traveling down the right road.:) Regards.

Guitarman,
We have just got our system up and running, and are happy with the noise control. We built a separate small room for it and did a few other things as well. You can easily hold a conversation in the shop with the cylcone running. You need "ears" when we turn on the machines, but we always did anyway. We don't have a db meter so I can't give you numbers. We have put our pictures and explanations up in the gallery if you wanted to check them out at Rod and Denise's shop. Check out Doug's Cyclone (Colorado) for pictures of a free standing mount if you haven't already.

Thanks

Thanks

Guitarman,
We have just got our system up and running, and are happy with the noise control. We built a separate small room for it and did a few other things as well. You can easily hold a conversation in the shop with the cylcone running. You need "ears" when we turn on the machines, but we always did anyway. We don't have a db meter so I can't give you numbers. We have put our pictures and explanations up in the gallery if you wanted to check them out at Rod and Denise's shop. Check out Doug's Cyclone (Colorado) for pictures of a free standing mount if you haven't already.

Thanks for the quick response, I will look, Regards.:)

Talk about Noise.

Talk about Noise.

I cranked the monster up again today and placed my hand under the transition and the monster actually quieted some, funny I would have thought that expansion rather than back pressure would have made the difference.:confused: Then sitting here I reasoned like the old jet mechanic I used to be and decided that until I had the rest of the system hooked up that any thing that I tried would be speculation and a waste of everyones time. :p Thank you Jameel for the link to the bulletins, this was what I was hoping to find when I joined the forum. (first one I've joined) and thanks to Jim Odell for the link for the S&D pipe which led to a source who quoted $14.60 for a 10' length and says they have all the fittings.(emphatically). I will let anyone interested know after monday.Regards to all.:) Regards Joe:cool:

Back