Timing Out too soon from Forum

Fingerpicker

Hi all,

This morning it took me over an hour and a half to reply to a forum post. I would compose my post, upload attachments then go to Preview post and get a message that I needed to log in (again). This happened three times and each time, I lost everything I had typed and uploaded. Is there a setting anywhere where the session duration can be extended?

This is very frustrating. The forum is a great tool and the members are extremely helpful. I hope there is a simple solution to this problem. I couldn't find one in the UserCP/Edit Options area.

Thanks for your help.

Kim Kasdorf (Fingerpicker)

Kim,
It is frustrating. When I have a lengthier post I write it in Pages (MAC) and the copy and paste it into the forum.
bababrown

The timeout issue is an inherent feature of vBulletin, the forum software that is being used -- the timeout period can be changed by the Administrator of the system. I am going to send an email to cvsupport and ask that all users timeout period be increased to 60 minutes. This is a small forum and I don't think it is too much to ask for the increase (if I recall correctly, the default timeout for posting is 15 minutes).

Until then, my suggestion is to do as Bababrown has suggested and paste your post in from an external work space; or keep a "working copy" of your post in your cut/paste buffer by selecting all of your post to that point and copying it into the buffer with CTRL-C (Windows). That way, you'll lose less of a longer entry.

Hope this helps.

Hello Kim,

Thank you for your post regarding the length of time to compose a post/reply. We have extended that time to 60 minutes.

We appreciate feedback such as this as it helps everyone participating in the forum.

CVC Support

Back