Trouble hooking up 6" blast gate from ClearVue

Nyaniko

I got 2 of the 6" plastic blast gates from clearvue. I am using pvc dwv 6" fittings for much of the ducting. The blast gate doesn't fit into the pvc coupler, and it is slightly bigger than the 6" pvc pipe. The 6" flex hose is way smaller than the 6" blast gate. I haven't yet been able to find a fitting converting the pvc to the uncommon size of the 6" blast gate, or allowing 6" flex hose hookup to the blast gate. Any suggestions?

McRabbet

Senior Forum Member
The CV blast gates are designed to accept D-2729 or SDR-35 sewer and drain pipe, both of which are the same outside diameter (see this PDF file). I measured one of my spares and it is 6-5/16" inside diameter, just perfect for the S&D pipe. Your best bet is to use a short section of straight S&D pipe between your last fitting and the blast gate. Hope this helps.

Nyaniko

OK, that worked. Now the next step: how to hook up the 6" flex pipe to the SDR35 pipe. The flex pipe fits inside the pipe... is there a special fitting to convert 6" sdr35 to 6" flex? (again, unable to find anything online)

McRabbet

Senior Forum Member
It should slide over the SDR-35 pipe -- you may need to warm it a little to make it a little more stretchable and a little leverage with a small spatula may assist the process. There is a response earlier today by bababrown on this same subject elsewhere in this forum.

Edit: Here is bababrown's post in the Basic Dust Collection Questions Forum.

Last edited: