truck bed liner stuff on cyclone

Clint Olver

Quoted from Bill Pentz's Website:

"Use one of the rubberized automotive under coatings (not oil or tar based) sprayed inside of your cyclone. This protects wear areas and makes a huge difference in noise. You can get better results by taking your cyclone to a truck bed liner retailer and have them spray the inside with the heavy bed liner spray which works even better. You can also use compounds such as Dip-It or a plastic based coating. Be careful as the odors from some of these coatings can be terrible."

Has anybody tried this, and what part of the cyclone would you have sprayed?

C

You spray the inside of the body from where the air enters, down the cone. But talk to the people that spray the truck stuff before using. Galvanized material may need to be etched before the bed liner material will stick. When doing a truck bed, the entire surface has to be scuffed very well,or the liner will just peel off like a ripe orange skin. :eek: Jim.

I built the Bill Pentz cyclone and also read that. I thought the liner would interfere with the dust sliding around so I used a stainless steel blast plate at the entrance and moved it into an attached shed. Pretty quiet now.

Back