Venting outside and ducting - I am brand new to dust collection

egbell

Good morning:

Hi Jsbrow: Yes, the video I saw does what you describe.

The diameter of inner disk was the diameter of the outer two-part ring MINUS 2 times the thickness of the PVC. While I do not specifically recall, I probably further reduced the diameter of the inner disk by 1/8inch to ¼inch. This further reduction made fitting the flex hose over the pipe a bit easier.

This is actually what I was alluding to when I asked about the label ID on your disk. I figured this had to be done. I'm warming to this idea more and more. I am not going to buy a 6 inch hole saw, but I believe I could get the job done with my jigsaw or portable jigsaw. I have the pipe clamps and F style clamps that will do what your C clamp did. I wonder if a single pipe clamp pushing against a flat surface attached to one half of the die would work as well as the two pipe clamps. I have many pipe clamps but was just thinking about your point about going back and forth between the two clamps. I don't have enough 3/4 MDF on hand but I have some 1/2 inch that could be done in three layers instead of two. I might give this a try this weekend. I want to finish my miter saw link to the cyclone, but I have a decent start of that too. That is where the 6 inch connection becomes relevant. Thanks for all of the details on your method.

Ayanami

I would go with an exctractor fan if you have a roof to place one. I have seen some great differences when it came to heat exctraction with it.