Vibration/Durability Issues

o1crane

I work out of a shop with one other person with a ClearVue cyclone. I am not sure the model (I think CV1800) and it has been fine for 4-5 years. Recently however, it was getting louder and louder and we eventually noticed that due to vibrations it had cracked the plastic around the screws in almost all the locations holding the cyclone body to the blower housing. We took it apart and added another layer of ply to the underside of the blower housing so that we could add more screws, and had a temporary fix. Over the last couple weeks it has gotten louder again and we just noticed a bunch of screws have backed themselves out, and the point of the connection to the ducting had cracked the tape. Nothing really seems to be obviously different and we can't see any obvious failures, but it seems like it has somehow started to vibrate more than it originally did, or at least that seems to be the only answer that I can think of that would explain why we are having repeated issues when we didn't for so long. The motor is securely mounted as ever, all the bolts and screws are still tight... we are at a bit of a loss. Has anyone ran into similar issues or have any sort of suggestion on what you think might be happening?

cvcsupport

Administrator
I recommend that you take a closer look at your impeller. Are any of the fins bent, chipped or dented? This could be the cause of the additional vibration. Once you take a look at it, I recommend you give our Technical Support a call at 888-299-0221, ext. 2.