What are the non-clear parts of the 'Pentz Clear' cyclones made from?

calgaryguy

Hi there,

I recently acquired a ~10 year old Cv1800 (now called a CV1700?). The non-clear parts of this Cv1800 are made from unpainted/finished MDF. Thats perfectly fine with me given what I paid for the unit (250 CDN), but am curious what the new 'bright blue' pieces of the Pentz Clear cyclones are made from. They almost look like UMHW or some other machinable polyethelene siff product.

Also, does anyone happen to know what a similar paint color to the blue finish that ClearVue applies to their new cyclones? I may paint my mdf to match just to make it look 'finished'.

Cheers!

Curly1

Would it surprise to to learn it is still MDF? Try contacting Clear Vue and see if they will tell you what paint they use or at least the colour. If they won't I suppose I could take a part in to a paint shop and have them put it in their colour analyzer for the mixing numbers. Plan C would be if a paint shop can match off the screen of your phone using one of the pictures off the website.

Pete

calgaryguy

FYI, home depot looked at me like I was on crack when i first showed them the 'paint code' from the linked thread above. I had to come home and do a little reading on how to turn that into something your typical Home Depot paint counter rep could understand. Here's the result which the paint counter people had no issue with.

Capture.PNG

Reactions: DRB