Wiring: Connecting the Motor

Upon closer inspection I noticed lugs 2 and 3 were marked line so it was pretty easy to figure out the other two. Thanks for reminding me about marking my white wire black.

Everything is sewn up except for wiring in the whip. I need to run to the big box store and grab a 90 degree connector and I'll be done. Other than that here is the completed electrical installation…

(Oh and thanks again to all who helped me, I hope these posts to the original one provide additional help for members in the future.

Final DC wiring.jpg

Last edited:
Stuart,

I see the Bin Sensor Control Box, but where is the strobe? I remember our messages through Catherine Currier about reconnecting the wiring to the correct terminals on the Alarm unit and I see you've added a cover, but I'd like to see how you've relocated the Strobe/horn unit and how you wired it to the circuit board or the original wires. I see that the Horn button is in the Off position.

Just curious how you implemented it all.

Rob Payne
McRabbet Woodworks

Stuart,

I see the Bin Sensor Control Box, but where is the strobe? I remember our messages through Catherine Currier about reconnecting the wiring to the correct terminals on the Alarm unit and I see you've added a cover, but I'd like to see how you've relocated the Strobe/horn unit and how you wired it to the circuit board or the original wires. I see that the Horn button is in the Off position.

Just curious how you implemented it all.

Rob Payne
McRabbet Woodworks

Rob,

I have the strobe/horn unit mounted above the door to the DC closet. The wiring is the same as when it was originally attached to the Alarm unit except I spliced in additional wire to allow placing the independent of each other. (I'll take the cover off and get a shot of the wiring if you'd like.) In addition I opted to run the wiring that goes to the DC control box through the back of the Alarm unit and inside the wall rather than through the side, thus the silver knock out plug you see on the right side of the Alarm box. (I need to get my rattle can out and paint that thing!) You'll notice some plastic chase mounted to the left of the box. That houses the small section of alarm and sensor wiring I couldn't get behind the wall.

As for the switch position, I have not finished the installation of the bin sensors so the system is not operating. I did plug it in and both the horn and strobe started working so at that moment I turned the horn off. I'm guessing they activated because the sensors were not hooked up?

Alarm location.jpg

Last edited:
Stuart,

Your modification is fine as long as it works for your situation. I usually encourage customers with a cyclone closet to mount their bin sensor box out in their shop and run a length of the low voltage wire I provide to the sensors adjacent to the bin -- if they hook up the automated shutdown feature, then a length of 14/2 NM cable can be routed to the CV Electrical box to control that feature. You did a noce job for a finished look to the change so you should be okay. Your only challenge will be that you'll need to enter the closet to shut off the horn and strobe rather than have it out in your shop space.

Thanks for the pictures.

This looked like a good place to post this question. How long is the included cord that goes from the motor to the pre wired electrical box with remote?

I would like to do most of the wiring before the cv arrives. But I need to know how long the cord is so I can get the electrical box close enough. I would assume that it is around 3 to 4 feet long.

Thanks for all your help guys!

Shane

Back