Wiring Tail to Motor Questions

Absinthe

I am finally getting ready to attach the tail to the motor. The first thing I notice is there is no supplied tension relief. Should one have been included?

When I open the box I see the wires labeled and notice that there are 3 bare ends.

1 from P1
1 from T4 + T8
1 from P3 + T1 + T5

It seems that I need to connect one leg to P1 and the other to T4+T8

Is there a reason for a raw end on P3+T1+T5? Do I need to connect something to that or just cap it off?

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

bababrown

Absinthe,
The wiring instructions are at the end of the assembly instructions although they leave some to be desired. You supply the connect / strain relief at the motor connection box because the type you use depends on the cord or cable you use at the motor. Connect L1, one of the hot wires on the cable, to P1 of the motor using a wire nut. Connect L2, the other hot wire on the cable, to (T4 & T8) using another wire nut. (P3 & T1 & T5) should be connected together and you should just cap them off with a wire nut to insulate them. Connect the green wire in the cable (the equipment ground) to the ground screw in the motor box. If you have a white wire in the cable (the neutral), just cap it off with a wire nut without connecting it to anything. And remember not to run the motor until you have the unit assembled because it will otherwise overload the motor. Hope this helps and good luck with your install.
bababrown

Absinthe

Absinthe,
The wiring instructions are at the end of the assembly instructions although they leave some to be desired. You supply the connect / strain relief at the motor connection box because the type you use depends on the cord or cable you use at the motor.

I will guess that this all gets shipped differently to different people. I ordered the 110/240 remote relay box and it came with a 6' tail for the motor.
I guess a small addendum would have been helpful. And supplying a strain relief of the proper size, and a few wire nuts and a ground pigtail with the tail would have been helpful.

I guess they are expecting people to be hiring an electrician to connect this (and he/she should have such things on his truck :)