Young Fella Just getting started

artsncrafts

Hi Everyone
I dont know how much this forum is used or how much i will be on here. I spend almost all my waking days working.

The joy of being young and single.

I have ankylosing spondylitis which is a form of arthritis in which among other things causes my spine to fuse together becoming rigid and unflexible. Since last spring i have lost rotation to the left and right and have lost some ability to bend forward. after a few months of unable to lift an arm without passing out. I decided to get into wood working when i got better. The first thing i bought was a Cnc carving Machine (mid december 2011). Some of you might be offended by this but i seen it as no matter my own physical limitations i would still be able to create something. I have since bought a small tablesaw, drill press, converted a old meat bandsaw into a wood one, disc/belt sander. Borrowing a Planer from a good family friend. My first project was and is a 4 foot tall wall clock with wooden gears. Its still not finished but a wood clock is not something you can expect to finish quickly. I have also started Making wood toys. Which has be really therapeutic as i use to work on old cars for fun but that has just become to hard.

Anyways with my already realized physical limitations. It was not long before I realized i needed a dust collector. I found and decided the Clearvue was the best system for me. Considering I work 15-18 hours a day out in my shop. I am getting the CVMax

There are lots of posts on here about set ups and I have read quite a few. The problem is i am on pain pills and some very serious other drugs to limit the progression of my arthritis. So my memory is not like it use to be.

So if some of you have some great advice about set up. or can put links to some of the forum topics that i should read and keep going back to for reference that would be a much appreciated help.

There are a lot of really good threads here. This isn't a huge forum, so I'd take a subject and go through all the pages. Read the subjects that sound interesting. If you have questions, feel free to post a new thread, or PM one of us. We love to help!! One suggestion would be to find some other woodworkers in your area that could help you install your system. There is quite a bit of lifting. At least the CV is light, except for the motor. I'm sure there are many who would give up some of their time to help you install the system. Wish you were closer. Jim.

Thank You Jim for your help. I wish I lived closer to someone who has one of these machines so i could see it operate in person. I will look through the forums again perhaps making notes would be a good idea. I am ordering the machine today. Busy making room for it. As i want to insulate at least some of the sound from coming through the wall into my art studio side.

There are a number of members in Alberta -- click on Community and scroll down and click on Members List. Then click on Advanced Search and type Alberta in the location field. I'd suggest trying to contact the more frequest posters like the Nikkel's or strebble.

Thank you McRabbet
I emailed two alberta members unfortunately most are at least 2 hr drive away and I can not travel more then 1 hour in a day anymore.

Back