6" pvc fittings

janice26

I'm using SDR 35 PVC as ducting on my new DC. Unfortunately the supplier here
carries only gasketed fittings for this pipe. While I'm using gasketed wyes
for the drop downs, I would like to get the glue on type of fitting for ease of assembly and disassembly if the need arises.
The names of any supplier in the East Bay area of CA. would be welcomed. Thanks Janice 26

See my reply in your other thread, here. I can't help you in the California area, but other users have found fittings at Menards as well.

Addition: Try to find any John Deere dealer (Irrigation) or Horizon -- do a Google search on "PVC sewer pipe fittings"

Last edited:
Lowes carries both the 2729 & SDR35 pipe & fittings. You may have to order the 6", but they routinely supply these.

Cresline is a national manufacturer of both 2729 & SDR 35: you may need to go through a registered plumber (they'll mark-up 10% or so, on their trade price, but worth the effort).
Mike

I got all of my 2729 6" fittings from McMaster-Carr. They have a full selection, very reasonable prices and quick and inexpensive shipping. See http://www.mcmaster.com/#pvc-pipe-fittings/=qa2bp4

They also carry the 2729 pipe, but you will be much better off trying to find it locally. I found my pipe at a regional agricultural supply company called Agri Supply. I would imagine that there are other, similar buisnesses all over the country.

BTW, I also used pipe hangers from McMaster-Carr to suspend my pipe from the ceiling (#3037T25). I painted them white and lined them with some foam weatherstripping to dampen vibration and also make for a tighter fit. They work great and look good too! See the attached photo.

Attachments

• Pipe Hanger 1.jpg
    Pipe Hanger 1.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 2
8" Pipe

8" Pipe

I was looking around at the 8" SDR elbows in case I have to do a low ceiling installation, and WOW, what a difference in price! It must surely be gold plated. For the prices I've seen, I could rent a jack hammer and lower the floor around the DC. Hum?....

Gobozo,

I think 8" might be a bit of overkill. I used 6". I've read that 7" would generally be better, but 7" S&D pipe and fittings are made of unobtanium.

Kim Kasdorf (Fingerpicker)

The 8" would be between the cyclone and the blower; CC's recommended configuration. Metal is cheaper, even the stamped stuff.

gobozo,

Now I am confused. The cyclone attaches directly to the bottom of the impeller housing (is that what you are calling the "blower"?) and no hose or fitting is required. Likewise, the filter stack attaches to the impeller housing output via a special curved transition fitting that comes with the CV1800.

Kim Kasdorf (Fingerpicker)

+1 on Menards, they were the cheapest around in Michigan. I called all over. 6"x10' ASTM 2729 only $14.00. It is special order, but for that price I will wait. Below are the Menards SKU# that I found. Best thing to do is call and talk to them.

6"x10' pipe - SKU 6899780 - $14.00
6"x6"x6" Wye - SKU 6890447 - $16.99
6" coupler - SKU 6890418 - $5.22
6" 45 deg elbow - SKU 6890405 - $7.90

I need to get my hands on a chunk of pipe to see if the fittings will fit, my Menards says that they stock all the fittings not the pipe though. There was no minimum QTY to order either. I have heard that you sometimes have to be careful with that.

Thought you might all like to know.
Drew

I need to get my hands on a chunk of pipe to see if the fittings will fit, my Menards says that they stock all the fittings not the pipe though. There was no minimum QTY to order either. I have heard that you sometimes have to be careful with that.

Thought you might all like to know.
Drew

Have you been able to fit some pipe to the fittings? I'm in Texas and we don't have Menards but even with shipping their prices blow anyone else away.

Have you been able to fit some pipe to the fittings? I'm in Texas and we don't have Menards but even with shipping their prices blow anyone else away.

What part of Texas? If close to Fort Worth I can steer you to the place I got mine. I can't imagine shipping of the pipe would be cost effective. It's not that heavy, but the length would incur extra shipping charges.

I second using McMaster-Carr for the fittings they carry. Some Lowe's have a good assortment also, and have the hard to find 6-6-4 wyes. But they aren't cheap. Jim.

I can't imagine shipping of the pipe would be cost effective. It's not that heavy, but the length would incur extra shipping charges.

I'm in Argyle, 10 mi south of where 35W and 35E meet. I would only be interested in having fittings, not pipe shipped. It seems that pipe is pretty uniform in price but the fittings is where suppliers vary most.

I second using McMaster-Carr for the fittings they carry. Some Lowe's have a good assortment also, and have the hard to find 6-6-4 wyes. But they aren't cheap. Jim.

I've been to Lowe's and the McMaster-Carr website and agree that MMC has Lowe's beat in price and selection other than the 6x6x4. But Menards is selling 6x6x6 for under $17 each!

Yeah, we need Menards to come to town. So many people on the wood forums say they are their go to place.
Here is the information I posted here back in 2012:

Here are a couple places I have gotten it at: http://www.horizononline.com/stores_texas.php More locations, but make sure you give them a business name when you purchase it. Even if you pay in cash.
This is where I got all but one stick of my pipe: Morrison Supply Co 311 East Vickery Boulevard, Fort Worth, TX 76104 (817) 870-2227 ‎ They say they don't have the fittings, and I never pushed it, but I'm thinking they do. Be sure to ask for 6" thinwall drain pipe. They have no idea what S&D2729 is. I had to show the pipe to them out in the yard.
I got my 6-6-6 wyes, and 45 els from McMaster-Carr online. Good pricing and fair shipping. I had to get my 6-6-4 wyes and 22.5 els from Lowes at a premium price, but the one on Hulen had them in stock.

I paid 1.81/ foot the first trip to Morrison, and then the next time the kid I was working with before remembered my sound system in my van and sold it to me for 1.11/ft. Ask them if they have the fittings for the green 6" drain pipe. These fittings have a round spot with SD3034 and SD2729 stamped on them.

Hope this helps! Jim.

Last edited:
Hope this helps! Jim.

Thanks Jim. I've read your post before and have it bookmarked!

All I need now if for this weather to warm up. Just had the garage door installed on my (still unheated) shop and I'm ready to start moving equipment in and figuring out my duct layout.

I have not had the opportunity as of yet to get back to Menards. :( Sorry, I am fairly confident that they will fit though. They had both the Schd 40 and S&D fittings and the S&D fitting are much lighter weight. If I can manage it this weekend between Skiing, softball practice for my daughter and possibly working on the barn I will try to swing down there and see if they fit.

Drew

I just got confirmation that the fittings from Menards do fit the S&D 2729 pipe. My uncle also has a CV and this is where he got all of his fittings. He said that on one of the end of the wye's there is a stamp that says that ASTM 2729 and SDR35 compliant or something to that effect.

Just be careful when you buy them that someone didn't throw a Schd 40 fitting in the bin with the S&D fittings. They should be considerably lighter in weight as well.

Drew

PVC fittings

PVC fittings

Lowe's has a thin walled, very lite weight, black interior 6 inch PVC that can be ordered with free shipping at $14.20 for 10 foot lengths. In addition, they had matching 45's, 90's, 22.5, 666/664 wyes at OK pricing. Some stores had it a stock item, others special order with delivery in 2-3 weeks. Free shipping to store only here in San Antonio TX.

I saw that stuff, the HD here doesn't stock it. I took a look at the 4" and wasn't impressed. several of the 10' sticks were deformed (oblong/crushed). Personally, I wouldn't use it, just wasn't rigid enough.

I found a supplier in Kalamazoo that will get me everything that I need. Menard's ended up being too much of a hassle. I would have had to order a full skid (33 sticks) and I only needed 12 - 15 total. So this is a better option for me.

I appreciate the input though.

Drew

I tried to get some 6" ASTM D2729 through my local Menard's, but I had the same issuer where they wanted me to order a minimum of 33 10' pieces. After an exhaustive local search, I ended up buying just what I needed from a local plumbing supply place called SPS Companies, in St. Louis Park. Those of you in the Twin Cities area should check it out. Took about 3 weeks to order it, but otherwise it was painless and not too expensive, about $20 a stick.

ASTM2729 pipe and fittings

ASTM2729 pipe and fittings

I'm in Hickory, NC and the only place that had 10' astm 2729 in stock was at Smith and Turf Irrigation for $19.25 each. All other places did not have in stock and required a full pallet order to get it. I was able to order 45 els and wyes through Lowes, free shipping delivered to my front door, $7.99 for the els, $21 for the wyes. And as several folks have noted, as soon as you mention astm, eyes start glazing over!

Back