6" S&D pipe and fittings supplier - Western US

david137

Hi,

I found a great supplier with stores all over the western US - two in Denver! :)

I just purchased 10' S&D for $1.858/ft, 90 fitting $5, 45 fitting 9, whe fitting $8, 6"x4" $6 - better than what other messages say about prices.

Look at http://www.horizononline.com/ for store locations, they do have a catalog but do not list prices - call to see if they have items in stock. (don't depend on the chart that says if a store carries a specific item - it is not up-to-date).

Hope this helps,

David

Thanks for the tip. I ended up buying all my pipe and fittings from Horizon. They had 6" S&D 2729 for around $1.73/ft.

PVC in Portland, OR

PVC in Portland, OR

I just checked out this tip and found Horizon has a couple of stores near Portland. I was just quoted $1.46/ft. on the phone from one store (for 6" S&D 2729); even better! Thanks for the pointers, guys.

David

I relayed the info to a guy on the Family Woodworking forum, and he was able to find the pipe in southern CA at a good price also. Sounds like they are everywhere!! Thanks again for the tip David!!!!! Jim

Central Washington supplier

Central Washington supplier

Just found that Inland Pipe and Supply in Moses Lake will order in 6" S&D white thinwall pipe for 1.50/ft. They also have distribution locations in Yakima, and Wenatchee. They belong to the parent company "HAJOCA Corporation, a Pennsylvania-based, national wholesale distributor of pipe, valves, fittings, plumbing, heating, and industrial supplies" havn't asked about fittings since I intend to make my own.

Correction on Horizon pipe source in Tigard, OR

Correction on Horizon pipe source in Tigard, OR

I was finally ready to get my pipe today and called Horizon in Tigard to confirm that they had the 6" S&D 2729 in stock. This time I was told that they never carry it at that outlet. :( They suggested United Pipe & Supply, also in Tigard. I called there and they did indeed have it, as well as 3034. They had the 2729 for $1.43/ft., and 3034 for 2.20/ft. Even cheaper than Horizon! :) I ended up getting the 3034, thinking that the thicker walls would be more forgiving when I make my own wyes. I hope that was a wise decision!

National Source For ASTM2729

National Source For ASTM2729

Ferguson Waterworks is a nationwide supplier and has all the fittings that we could need. Although they serve the contractor market, they will sell to homeowners like myself. I am in Trumbull, CT. Their prices were excellent and they deliver at no extra cost. Follow the link to Ferguson.com and choose Waterworks under the business group. Then look for an office near you.

http://www.ferguson.com/BusinessGroups/bg_index.shtml

Paul Wunder

Hi,

I found a great supplier with stores all over the western US - two in Denver! :)

I just purchased 10' S&D for $1.858/ft, 90 fitting $5, 45 fitting 9, whe fitting $8, 6"x4" $6 - better than what other messages say about prices.

Look at http://www.horizononline.com/ for store locations, they do have a catalog but do not list prices - call to see if they have items in stock. (don't depend on the chart that says if a store carries a specific item - it is not up-to-date).

Hope this helps,

David

Thanks for the post.

Back