A hot time in the ol woodshop

gsmithp

This is my first post since buying a Clearview. My 18" cyclone arrived yesterday and today I'm looking around my shop for best place to put it. Biggest concern arose when the best place happened to be near my heat source which is a ceiling mounted (11' ceiling) low intensity radiant tube furnace. I don't notice anything else in the area getting 'hot' from the heater but nothing else is made of this material, either. I need to know how sensitive the PETG product is to radiant heat and what kinds of specs might be available on that. My shop is small and the best location I have puts it within about 4 feet of the burner end of the heater which is luckily the cooler end. I really suspect there is nothing to worry about but I worry just the same. Comments would be greatly appreciated.

G,
I would suggest a test first. Basically you have three materials to contend with, PETG plastic....try a coke bottle in the area that you intend to hang the cyclone, MDF...you can place the transition close to where you intend to hang the unit and then there would be the metal screws that hold things together. I would definately test these items before hanging up the unit.

Hi fellas, the 9 ft. long heater is up at ceiling level reaching across the short back wall opposite the garage door. Shop is 11 x 24..'my' half of a double garage that I partitioned down the middle with sliding entry door. You know, I didn't even consider moving the heater but that might not be a bad idea. I'll work on that idea tomorrow. Tonight I will also put the coke bottle up on a shelf next to the chosen spot and see what it looks like in the morning just for drill. Thanks guys, I really appreciate the food for thought. I'm sure to be back for more later.

hi all, i have a heater in my roof at hanging position like the fan,
its an air heater having dimensions 12*18, its make us very hot and comfortable,:)

Back