adhesive for cyclone?

jfiebing7

Hi, I could use a few thoughts. My Clear Vue 1800 just arrived in the mail and of all the boxes I only opened one( so far), as I wanted to see that cool clear cyclone.

Anyway something fell on it in shipping and there is a crack, that is a free flap above the intake rectangle, from the top of the blue disc all along the top intake seam. It is flexible and forms a flap
3" wide by maybe 5 " long.

So I could use some opinions

1. It seems repairable, but I can't get at the other side of the crack. What adhesive to use? Do I layer another piece on top?

2. Don't do that as I am not an expert in this plastic and it might leak and not work so well?

3. Though it will take time go through the hassle of a claim on the shipping insurance?

I did take pictures of the cyclone and of the corresponding dent in the shipping box that matches the free flap area.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on the matter.....

But it does look pretty cool and I sort of want to put it in the middle of the shop and not in any corner. :)

Last edited:
I know what you mean. My 1800, at least the first body, arrived and was a while before I even opened it as I was still in the process of rehabbing the shop building. when I did, I set it on the TS and it leaned to one side. Something in the molding process I guess. I talked to Ed and he offered to change it out. The new one came and I met the driver outside with excitement. It jingled all the way to the front door. Driver said something like "I don't think this made it in one piece." My heart sank. I opened up the box, and the bolt/nut bag had broken and that was the noise we heard. There was a chip out of the PTEG at the intake, but only on the lip where the extension mated with it. I used clear silicone to stick the piece back on, also to hold the extension on and seal solidly. Then I drilled 3 holes, maybe 4 and used some small plastic screws to secure it all together. Never posed a problem.

Sounds like your problem is in the section that is dead space at the top of the cyclone above the ramp? A lot of it would depend on if the crack could continue to spread. Was this noted on the shipping receipt? I'd call Clear Vue and talk to one of them about the issue. Maybe see if you can still place a shipping damage report on the unit. If so, the shipper would pay. Good luck and let us know! Jim.

in the section that is dead space at the top of the cyclone above the ramp?

Yes, and thanks to your info I realize that it is dead space. So I have ordered a tube of Weld On 16 and will just put it back together myself as there is no issue with the functioning part of the cyclone. So thanks for your input.

Back