Albuquerque, NM suppliers report

JJohnston

I had the day off today, so I went to a couple of pipeyards to get pipe & fittings. Here's what I found:

Neither had the D2729. Southwest Piping Supplies on Edith Blvd said they hardly ever get any call for it, but if I really wanted some, they'd order it, but I would have to buy a whole rack, and it would be expensive. Ferguson Waterworks on Washington St said they'd never heard of it (I don't know about you, but I hate hearing that a lot more than hearing that they could get it, it would just cost a lot).

Both had the thicker D3034, or "SD35" (0.180" wall vs. 0.100"). At Southwest, it was $2.59/ft for green 20' sections with a gasketed bell on one end, and $2.89/ft for green 10' sections with a glue-in bell. Ferguson had 20' green and 14' white, each with a gasketed bell, for $1.50/ft. I can't explain the difference in price. I went with the 14' white pieces from Ferguson.

Ferguson had gasketed fittings, and Southwest had glue-in. Neither was especially cheap, but both were a bit less than the 6" DWV fittings at Lowe's, which do not fit the D3034. Southwest's prices:

6x6x6 wye: $25.12
45º El: 12.78
Coupler: 7.84
Slip-on cap: 8.02

According to the salesman at Southwest, there is no such thing as a long-radius 90º sweep to fit 2729/3034. One thing that was outrageously expensive in 6" D3034 was a simple cleanout plug adapter: over $25. I was planning to have a cleanout at the far end of my mainline, but now it's just going to be a cap with some tape on it. ;)

Hope this helps anybody in or around "The 'Querque"!

Back