Anyone Heard of Evazote

Daninvan

I'm working on installing my Clearvue, and I want to do some things to cut down on the noise. I bought some closed cell foam locally, with the idea of gluing it to as much of the unit as I can. I am planning on starting with 1/2" on the motor plate and the hanging bracket, as well as using 1" to isolate the hanging bracket from the bracket.

The foam is a material calledEvazote, I found on the web that it is a closed cell cross-linked ethylene copolymer foam. I gather it is mainly used in things like sports protective gear, and shoes/sandals.

However, it seems reasonably dense, and is closed cell. I am wondering if anyone has heard of it and if it will help cut down the noise.

Dan

I must have missed something in the translation.:confused::confused: If Qiuene47 answered your question for you, please explain so I can drift off in an embarrassed state and shut my mouth.:p
I've never heard of Evazote, Dan. I'll be watching to see if anyone has used it and if it is worth it. Jim.

For sound absorbing, I believe open cell foam is what you want. Closed cell foam is for vibration damping. Using closed cell to "isolate the hanging bracket from the bracket" is appropriate, but switch to open cell stuff for acoustic damping. You want the airborne sound waves to be able to penetrate into the material, not just bounce off the surface.

Back