Assembly

Assembly time

Assembly time

Depends, mtlmike. Not trying to be flip, but it can take anywhere from a few days to over a year. Jameel Abraham did his, including ducting and a sound closet in a couple of weeks. Others, such as me, McRabbet, Jim O'Dell, have taken our sweet time with it, and the process has dragged on for, at least in my case, over a year. But I'm slow and am doing a lot of customization.

If you're not planning on a lot of customization, have a site all picked out, the actual construction and assembly can be done in a day or two. It is the preparation work that takes the time: painting, building brackets, etc.

If you haven't already, it may be worth your while to review some of the installations in the photo gallery. Paying attention to the dates on the photos (not necessarily the upload time but the creation date on the photo info) might give you a better idea of what the various assemblers are doing and how long its taking them.

Regards,
DWD

I agree with DW. Mine sat around for a year and a half before I did much on it because I didn't have power to my shop. I'd say you could do the complete assembly in 4 to 6 hours easy, especially if you had someone available to help lift the motor/blower assembly. Best thing I can say is to look through the Gallery pictures, decide how you are going to mount yours, make sure you have all the things you need (as if that's really possible :rolleyes: ) for mounting it, and go for it. It's not hard, actually very straight forward. Now if you want to paint or seal the wooden parts, use a few evenings during the seek to do that so it has time to dry before your assembly date. Be careful getting it into the grooves of the blower assembly or you will have to do some work getting the PTEG sides into them. DAMHIKT!! :eek:
Enjoy the process! Be sure to take pictures and post them to the Gallery! Jim.

If your motivated and don't paint the parts it should only take between 1 - 2 hrs......it won't be ready to run until the caulk dries though! It's not a bad project and alot of us do some serious customization that takes longer.

Matt

Back