Beginner Questions

michael peet

I'm slowly turning my 1200 sf basement into a shop. I think I now understand the importance of dust control and want to set something up before I make any more dust ;)

The Clear Vue product comes recommended, and looks effective. I'm concerned about the level of do-it-yourselfness required to install one. I'm also wondering about the electrical requirements - can it be plugged into a 220V outlet or does it need to be hard-wired?

Many thanks for enduring what must be tired old questions.

Mike

Hi,

You are definetly taking a step in the right direction in looking at cyclone sytems in general and reading about the hazards etc.

Installing the cyclone is not a huge project.....you can have a look at our installation instructions and get a feel for what is involved in that part of it. It doesn't have to be hardwired and you could easily add a cord and plug into a 220 volt outlet. We recommend that you use a 30 amp circuit and wire because of the start-up current but it will only draw between 14-18 amps at full load. Also have a look around the gallery for ideas and ask as many questions as you need too.

Thank you for considering us and we look forward to helping anyway we can whether you buy from us or not.

Matt

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks for the instructions, Matt. My basement ceilings are only 7' to the joists, about 7' 7" between the joists to the subfloor above. Can any of your products be made to work there?

The setup didn't look too bad.

Mike

Hi Mike,

For the size shop you have I will recommend the cv1800 and you can fit it in that height but may have to find/make a chip container underneath that is shorter than standard. Here are the dimensions so that you can see what we allow for 96" ceilings. You are at 91" so I am sure you can find a shorter fatter drum and make it work without problems.

Hope this helps,

Matt

Back