bin sensor??

bassplugger

i did not purchase the bin sensor initially. I am unsure of what is included with the purchase and also, is it easily installed after the cyclone is up and running? Right now in the process on hanging the motor, and hooking up the 6" pipe. I need to know if there was something that i could do now, to make it easier, when i purchase the bin sensor later, like maybe running a wire to a certian spot or not, for example, thanks for your input guys.:confused:

I'm sure Mr. McRabbet will reply, but it's easy to hook up. It stands on top of your bin lid and senses a signal through the clear plastic hose between the bin and cyclone.

Mike

Bassplugger,

The bin sensor system includes the control box with strobe/horn alarm unit built in, a 12-volt power supply, a pair of sensors with mounting hardware, about 50' of 2-conductor wire to attach the sensors to each other and then to the control box, a 6-page installation guidelines document, and some added connectors. The user must provide a section of 14/2 non-metallic cable between the bin sensor control box and his cyclone control unit to implement the automatic shutdown feature (which can be overridden with a switch on the control box). Guidance is provided for the interface wiring and a separate guide provided for users that also purchased the CV Electrical Box. If you PM me your email address, I can send some photos and more details. It is a straight-forward retrofit to an existing installation. In practice, many users install their cyclone in a closet or corner of their shop, but mount the control box in a central location where it can be closer to the primary dust generating power tools.

Hope this helps -- by the way, Mike Goetzke installed his more than 2 years ago, before they were available through ClearVue Cyclones.

Back