Blower housing on older unit collecting dust

NickLazz

Has anyone had issues with dust accumulating just below blower housing at top of cone? I see they have a cleanout now and would appreciate feedback if anyone has retro fitted it to and older unit. Also, is the clean-out just the PVC cap or whole blower housing with cap?

Thanks!

Edit: The cleanout does not look like it would do me any good... its not in the blower housing but in the vanes at the top of the cyclone. I'm not sure if it is affecting performance...but could be in separating fines.

Last edited:
It is not unusual for dust to accumulate on the top of the ramp in our older units. There is no way to get a complete seal between the ramp and the inner cylinder, which allows dust to get into that space. This being said, it poses no risk what-so-ever. This area of the cyclone is referred to as the "dead zone" - no separation occurs there. The accumulated dust will not impact performance. And since the top of the cyclone is both glued and sealed in place, the dust cannot get out.

Our newer units have a grommet installed just next the intake, allowing a little bit of air movement to keep that space from filling up with sawdust. While our older units do not have the grommet, it can be added in. Please feel free to contact Clear Vue's Customer Service Department for more detail.

Back