Canadian supplier

Filters

Filters

Paul,

I looked at the site you gave. Alas, they show product lines but not filters, so I couldn't go match up the spec requirements to a specific model they might offer.

What you're looking for is a filter that matches the specs for the Wynn filters, about 300 sq. ft. each (or if they make one, a total of 600 sq ft of filter area). You also want to check the porosity, or, stated another way, the captured particle size, e. g. 99.99% of 0.5 micron particles. In general, for any given filter area, the more porosity, the less the filter's ability to capture the smaller particles.

While researching this, I also noticed Wynn now has a microfiber filter. About double the price but should be washable, check with them though to verify. Specs on their site indicate it does an even better job of capturing fine dust.

Regards,
DWD

http://www.maddocksgroup.com/ I saw these guys mentioned in another thread. Anyone have a model number for a washable filter??
Thanks,

Paul

Paul I bought two filters from them that are supposed to be washable. They are made of spun poly something. Sorry, can't remember the exact name. the number of it was A47120411. In Oct 2007 the cost was $98 plus taxes each.

Maddocks is an industrial outfit. Normally they do not sell to individuals. I went to their plant in Hamilton while I was in the Toronto area for a conference. I was able to order them, they made them and then I returned 5 or 6 days later to pick them up (and paid exact cash for them). I am not the only one who has purchased from them for the cyclones. My understanding is they actually make filters (I suppose on contract) for Camfil Farr. The salesman showed me one that had Camfil's insignia on it.

If I remember correctly, they were "running" filters similar to the ones I purchased at that time. I guess what I am saying is that you might have to wait for a bit till they ran that model in the plant.

You could get all the info you need by emailing them at sales@maddocksgroup.com. Or you might try the chap that I dealt with who was [FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]Daniel Moscardini <daniel@maddocksgroup.com.

[/FONT]So far I am very satisfied with them.

Fred Alexander (Dog House)

Back