Connecting 6" spiral ducting to the 6.5" intake

Mike D

Anybody have any suggestions for how best to step up from 6" spiral to that 6.5" intake transition? I'm using spiral because it was cheaper than any pvc solutions I could find here in Niagara. I haven't found any kind of suitable gasket, and I was considering just spray foaming the gap, but I can see a million ways that could go wrong.

The intake on a CV1800 is sized to exactly fit S&D PVC (D2729) pipe sliding into the opening. If you can figure a way to connect your spiral pipe to a length of S&D, that will work. My suggestion would be to run a 5' to 6' straight length of S&D from the intake to the cyclone, then connect at the "leveling out point" to your spiral pipe with a Fernco connector.

Mike,
If you have the ability to do light metal work take a look at Pentz's site, there is a section that shows how to build a transition. Build it to fit the same attachment point on the cyclone body as the supplied transition. Another option is to talk with the spiral pipe supplier on a cost to have them build one for you.

Short length of 6" S&D, bell end to 6" spiral. Caulk S&D/spiral joint. S&D mates to CV transition. bell end mates to 6" spiral. Tried attaching pic!?!
eeab39cc-9609-413e-83f1-708bdbc7155c

Last edited:
Back