Connecting Transition to Filters

Todd

I am trying to plan out my installation for my new CV1800 and I have a question about connecting the blower transition to a custom made filter transition. The attached picture is what I have so far. I have a limited ceiling height, thus the side by side filter mount. I will also be building a floor mount stand out of 2x4 material. The filter cleanout box will sit on the floor and will be separate and unattached from the floor stand. How would you recommend I connect the blower transition to the filter transition box. The vertical distance between the two transitions will be about 10" and there is about an 1.5" offset between the two centerlines. Would insulated flexible HVAC duct work? I'm guessing the static pressure in the outlet is higher than a typical HVAC application. Does it need to be metal duct instead due to high SP? Also, what size? The rectangular outlet appears to have about the same area as 8" round duct. However I think I need 10" or 12" round duct to cover the diagonal of the rectangular shaped blower transition "duct". I've seen examples in the gallery but I can't tell if folks are using insulated flex duct or insulating metal duct.

Thanks,
-Todd

Attachments

• cyclone.jpeg
    cyclone.jpeg
    17.3 KB · Views: 0
Insulated duct

Insulated duct

Todd,

Insulated 8" HVAC Pipe will work. Also for your installation you could just do away with our supplied transition and either make a square to 8" round transition and connect the hose directly to that. We make one also if you would be interested in that please call or email Ed.

Thanks,

Matt

Based on your sketch I would think you could just add legs to your clean out box, make a gasket for the bottom of the blower outlet or the top of the clean out box and use leveling feet on the legs to adjust for floor level. You could always use a few screws or bolts w/ t-nuts going through the mdf outlet flange to tighten the seal with the clean out box.

Mike

Todd
This is an old post, but I'm hoping you're still active on the forum.
How did your installation work out?
I am looking at a similar setup. I have a little less than 8 feet ceiling height and am hoping not to have to cut a hole in the ceiling. I was wondering in particular about the transition you used for the side by side filter setup.
Hoping your experience might help.

Back