CV1800 Installation

Mike Goetzke

I'm planning to replace my Jet DC1100 with a CV1800. I'm in a garage shop so like many space is limited/valuable.

IMG_1958_1.jpg

Here is my DC1100 with ceiling mounter motor/blower to save space and duct runs. This is the left bay of my 2-1/2 car attached garage. Notice the ducting and where the suction side of the blower attaches to the ducting. Plus the false wall with the peg board was installed to block a direct view of my tools from the street (it makes a nice work area too). One of my sons had the idea to run that ducting on the top of the wall then is goes down where I have a 4" hose. I use this port mostly for my TS - the location makes for an easy/convenient hook up.

IMG_3011.jpg

This is another shot of the wall - note the 4" port at the bottom left.

IMG_3012.jpg

A view of my other ducting runs.

......continued

Last edited:
IMG_3009.jpg

Other side of false wall.

Garage_cyclone_corner_by_bikes.jpg

Sorry for my poor sketchup skills but this is my proposal. Note on the SU pics the black curved line is where I need a hose/duct to connect to my main line to the same point I use today.

Please be kind and give me feedback on the application.

Thanks,

Mike

Last edited:
My 16 year old son was looking at this post with me and suggested a better idea. To swap the position of the cyclone and filters. This put the inlet at an ideal location and eliminates some bends and fittings.

Garagecyclonefinal.jpg

Between the two, #2 looks better for the reason you stated. However, it's going to be under the overhead garage door. If you have an 8' ceiling, you may not have much room under there (like maybe 7'). If it's a 10' ceiling, and you can fit the unit between the door and the wall, forget I said anything.

Also, you have some Ts in there that could stand some smoothing.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. My ceiling is 9'. I'm thinking of using a wye and 45 for the run in the center of my garage. Plus the more I look at it I think I'm going to hav to eliminate the duct run on top of the partition wall.

Mike

Mike,

I fully agree with your latest observations -- a wye and a 45 elbow will make a nice transition to the main run down the center of the shop and the duct atop the partition needs to be eliminated because there is no good way to make a sharp transition into the cyclone intake without major turbulence and loss of performance. If you really need a duct serving the location used by that segment, add a wye near the new 45 that points back to the end point of that partition duct and deal with it that way.

Back