CVMax Inlet Configuration

Nyaniko

As I'm designing the ducting for use with new CVMax, it would be ideal if the 8" inlet was rotated to about 90deg from the filters. Will this adversely affect the airflow if the inlet is not on the opposite side of the filters, but 90deg to filters?

There should be no impact due to the orientation of the inlet with respect to the blower outlet -- what is key to good airflow is to keep at least 3 - 4 feet of straight pipe for the angled entry to the intake ramp to minimize any turbulence. All of the air that leaves the cyclone into the blower after it has lost its load of dust goes up the center tube regardless of where the blower or intake are oriented -- the intake can be rotated anywhere that is needed without impacting performance.

Thanks for that info - I didn't know you need 3-4 feet of straight pipe at the inlet. After that 3-4', the pipe will be brought up to ceiling height using 2 45s (one to raise it up, the other to level it out at the ceiling). Hopefully this doesn't compromise the air flow too much.

It is best if you just use the 10 degree chute angle and straight pipe to get up to the ceiling. Then bring the angle back down with a flexible coupling. In my install I used a pair of 22.5 degree elbows to get an offset; the head loss in the 22.5 degree elbows is small.
bababrown

Thanks, I'll try to get that 10 degrees back to level at the ceiling using an 8" straight flex coupling. Perhaps using an 8" flex coupling at the cyclone inlet as well to give a bit more play.

Back