D2729 in Rhode Island

CraigH

Has anyone found a good suppler of piping in Rhode Island? I am looking for D2729 piping and I am not sure where to go.

D2729

D2729

Craig,
I'm in Nashua, NH and I looked all over this area for D2729 with no luck. I finally settled on SDR-35 which is widely available but heavier and pricier. Most carry the gasket type fittings which are expensive and a bear to get on the pipe. I finally found that one of our Lowes carries the slip-on fittings and they run half the price of the other type. I think the code for sewer and drain pipe uses in many areas call for the SDR-35 pipe with gasketed fittings and there is little irrigation here so D2629 is rare. There are some big suppliers in Mass that might carry it.(?)
bababrown

Craig, I'm going to sound like a broken record to some, but when you call looking for it, do not use the S&D 2729 designation for the pipe. They just don't know what it is. Ask for: 6" thin wall gravity fed sewer and drain pipe. You'll get better answers that way. And you might ask some plumbers where the biggest pipe yard is locally. They will be your best bet to stock it. Jim.

Back