Doh! Motor mount plate upside down!

brianw

Oh, the shame...

And to add insult to injury that tapered bushing does an excellent job of keeping that impeller on the shaft. I was unable to budge it with a gear puller, even with some gentle persuasion with a mallet and softwood dowel.

So now I'm trying to work through the alternatives to having a correctly oriented motor mount plate.

If I am visualizing this correctly, having the reinforcing strips oriented downwards vs upwards will shift the whole assembly up by 3/4". In looking at photos of correct installs, it appears that this upward shift would be OK and it also appears that I have some latitude with respect to the adjustment of the motor assembly via the threaded rods. If that's the case I'm inclined to add MDF to fill in the two voids left by the inversion of the motor plate and get on with my life.

If this 3/4" shift is NOT ok, then I am open to suggestions. None of my ideas are pretty.

Thanks in advance for any help!

No shame there. During my install, I noted the correct orientation in the instructions more than once, followed the instructions and tiny photos during my setup, and still realized immediately afterwards that I had put it on upside down!

Luckily I had only moved on one or two steps in the instructions, so nothing was mounted yet and it was a simple matter of flipping it over.

Do you have the aluminum brackets or did you make your own out of 2x4 material? I'm just trying to recall the clearance for the outlet chute beneath the brackets, and I don't remember if that 3/4" will cause a problem or not.

... that tapered bushing does an excellent job of keeping that impeller on the shaft. I was unable to budge it with a gear puller, even with some gentle persuasion with a mallet and softwood dowel.
Brian,

If you refer to page 25 of the Installation Manual, you will see that to remove the tapered bushing, you remove the 3 cap screws that connect the two halves and re-insert them into the threaded holes and use the cap screws to force the halves apart. A hammer should not be necessary.

Thank you for the replies.

I saw the other thread in this forum regarding another user's attempts to remove the bushing. I'll try to use the cap screws to push the bushing away from the impeller.

It looks like in the other thread that the user was also using a gear puller and cold chisel in "parallel persuasion efforts".

I'll follow that example. I will abandon that approach before I get to the MAP gas torch, though!

Another question- what is the blue paint that is used on the MDF components? Just in case I need to fabricate some pieces (I like things to look neat!).

Using the cap screws in the threaded holes in the bushing did the trick. The impeller came right off.

I did use the gear puller to free the bushing from the shaft after the impeller was removed.

Thank you!

Oh BTW I did the 2x4 plywood hanging bracket.

Last edited:
Call ClearVue's Customer Service at (888) 299-0221 and I'm sure they will get the information for you.

BTW, I have a CV1800 from 2007 and I painted mine Forest Green because back then they were not painted. I like the blue color, but I also like my dark green.

Back