Dust Not Cycloning into Bin

Mike Dorsam

Recently installed a CV 1800 (w/ 16" impeller). I've seen some discussion of debris not cycling into the bin; however, I'd like to understand this better - is this common, and am asking for some guidance from the Forum.

I've sealed gaps to the best of my ability.

With this, has anyone experienced a situation where the dust and chips continue to revolve around the cyclone sides, rather than cycling down into the collection bin?

Thanks.
Mike

Mike,
A small amount of dust circles in mine and some dust clings to the plastic due to static charge. I wish we had some way to quantify what is normal vs what is not. If you see particles rising I think you have a leak; otherwise not.
bababrown

bababrown:

Thanks for the quick response. I'll re-check the seal at the Cyclone Body Out-feed/Collection Bin - something's not right. I'm thinking of hooking-up my planer, just to see what happens.

I have to admit to being confused by the ID / OD couplings necessary to fit things together: the flare on the Cyclone Body doesn't help - Wynn Environmental has provided some guidance on their flex hose...

Thanks, again.
Mike

Yes, some dust will continue to circle around. If there is a leak, it will be sucked up into the impeller and into the filters, or in my case, expelled into the back yard. Look at your filters but I'd say what you have is a normal operation. Jim.

Back