Filter transition

clayandnancy

Well I'm finally getting my CV up and mounted to the wall. I have it about 9 and a 1/2 feet off the floor. As you can see from the pics my filter stack is 18" from the transition, I'm making a stand to raise it up. My concern is vibration, the motor is on rubber cushions where the filters would be solid mount to the transition and the floor. My question is can I put a piece of flex hose here with two metal connectors, and if so what size 6" or 8" ? Do they even make 8" flex hose?

Attachments

• P1010312.jpg
    P1010312.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010315.jpg
    P1010315.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010316.jpg
    P1010316.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 0
Looks good. I made my connection using a piece of 8in. insulated flex duct for some noise control but I have heard that the thin wall hose won’t hold up very long. Sometimes WynnEnviromental will have short sections of hose or search for dust hose on ebay.

Filter

Filter

Thanks Dan, I checked on ebay and they were all quite impressed with their hoses, not cheap. I called Wynn Environment and they had what I needed. A cut off piece I could have for just shipping, can't beat that. Nice people too.

Looks good. I made my connection using a piece of 8in. insulated flex duct for some noise control but I have heard that the thin wall hose won’t hold up very long. Sometimes WynnEnviromental will have short sections of hose or search for dust hose on ebay.

I had the same concerns when I used the insulated flex duct on my transition - but then I thought...well, other than the very light, small dust that is moving thru this area, it should not be any different from an AC duct air flow - maybe even cleaner.

We will see how it holds up. So far, so good.

Is the 8" flex hose simply for vibration and help cut down on noise?

It would make make more sense to me to have a taller clean out.

I also have a tall ceiling...9'8". Here is my clean out.

Attachments

• IMAG0279.jpg
    IMAG0279.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 0
Back