Flow through Filter

Don01

I thought there was at least one installation showing the filter mounted so the dirty air would flow from the outside to the inside. If so can someone direct me to it.
I am planning on doing this as this follows the design of the element and will allow more efficient commercial cleaning in a few years.

Don

Filters

Filters

Hi,

I guess it would allow for more efficeint cleaning of the filters but they are designed to be used either way in that they have a cage on both the inside and the outside. In the configuration that most of us do we don't have to remove the filters to clean them. We just blow on the outside and then vacuum the cleanout box. Anyway the link bababrown refers to is here..... http://www.gallery2.clearvuecyclones.com/v/CV1800+and+CVMax/greg-kimnachs-woodshop/

Matt

Filter flow direction

Filter flow direction

Thanks Matt. There is also Erik's Clearvue in Gent, Belgium.
I question the manufacturer on flow direction and was told that the design is for flow to go from outside to inside, but either direction should be OK.
I am going to build a housing similar to Erik's as I think it will be easier to visually inspect and as noted earlier, if required, the commercial cleaners are set up to reverse flow from inside to outside. I also like the idea of the over bags to keep coarser material from becoming embedded in the pleats.

Don

The overbags might be a good idea!! I have overflowed my trash can a few times and that may have made cleaning them alot quicker.

Thanks,

Matt

Don01

I just posted a small explanation of my construction on the 'To Stack or not to Stack' thred.
If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Erik

Back