Help with new tablesaw pickup

Caramage76

I just purchased the Harvey Alpha 4HP Cabinet Saw with the router table extension and fence. I need some help with ideas to improve the dust collection. I am running the CV 1800 with the standard 15” impeller. Six inch PVC main runs and drops to the blast gates, with flex hose to the machines. The saw has a dust shroud around the bottom of the blade with 3” flex hose to the cabinet port. The blade guard has a 1 ½” port and hose that joins the main cabinet port and goes to a 4” hose connection. The router fence has a 2” port and hose that connects to the 4” port at the dust collection cabinet mounted under the router table. I know this isn’t moving enough air through the 6” ductwork. What would be the easiest route to improve this system? Thanks in advance.

I have a Sawstop Professional table saw with no router lift attached and a CV1800 with 16" impeller that I am in the process of getting set up. So I can't offer any advice at this point but was interested in what if anything you have done to this point. I have owned the SS table saw for about 2 years and have been using my 1hp Jet DC connected with 4" flex hose. At this point I really hope to up my game and get the new DC installed and and operating. My concern is the CV1800 will require a minimum of 6'' piping and I am not sure how best to up the SS ports to keep my air flow above the1000 cfm minimum for fine dust collection. My shop is located in the basement of my home so I really want to get it right.

In an ideal world Harvey would have it covered but they don't so you will have to either buy an above blade guard or make it yourself. The best would be to have the 4" branch off the 6" duct to the base and the 6" reduce to 5" to a suitable overhead. You could do it if making your own. If buying you'll have to look for a 4" over blade guard. Either something like the various copies of the old Excalibur overarm guards like SawStop, Grizzly and others make or the Shark Guards. If you feel the airflow is still not quite enough you could open a different dust port to bring the flow up. Three 4" ducts have roughly the same airflow as a 6" duct.

Pete

Back