How do you connect transition to PVC?

Eric McCune

I'm working on my install. How do you connect the transition to PVC. I think if I sand the transition , I can get a piece of 6" S&D to fit inside. I don't think it will fit without some tweaking.

Is that the preferred method? Do you use screws, caulk, foil tape to secure?

Thanks,
Eric

How do you connect transition to PVC

How do you connect transition to PVC

Eric,
The transition should be a near perfect fit to SDR-35 or D-2729 6" PVC pipe. Make sure you have the correct pipe; DWV pipe and schedule XX (80, 40, 20) are different and will not fit. The SDR-35 and D-2729 pipe should slide right inside the transition. I fastened the pipe to the closet structure such that it just fits in the transition and goes without any other fasteners. I did use a couple of small sheet metal screws (#4) in pre-drilled holes to hold the transition to the cyclone. A piece of clear tape also can be used instead of the screws and I think that is the recommended approach. Hope this helps,
bababrown

Thanks Bababrown. I really appreciate your help.

I'm using D2729 but it doesn't quite fit. I think it's due to the jagged edge you can see in the attached photo. I think if I smooth that out it will fit.

Attachments

• IMG_1696.jpg
    IMG_1696.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 0
Eric,
It also might help to put a very slight taper on the PVC pipe using a file. Mostly to get any bur off the pipe.
bababrown

I emailed clearvue and they called me on the phone within an hour. They told me to heat the transition a little bit with a torch. Just a little bit! The pvc slid right in. Awesome customer service.

I did two things to get it to fit. Smoothed out the top of the transition and tapered the edge of the PVC. Now it fits perfect.

Thanks.

Back