how to reduce blower noise? help

Ozzieuser

I have made a dust collector blower (and cyclone) using Bill Pentz design and using a Clearvue impeller. made entirely from thick mild steel sheet. using a 3 phase motor.240v 50 hz. australia (not looking at using a speed drive at the moment- just straight on 3 phase eg: approx 2880 rpm) the impeller and blower are sized correctly for 50hz. according to Bill Pentz.

I would like to know if anyone has had any experience with reducing the blower noise by adding another 'gore point' inside the blower casing OR altering the outlet, inlet or internals of the blower.

Has anyone tried an adjustable helmholtz resonator on the exhaust duct or a 1/4 wave resonator?

I would very much appreciate any info, before I start testing. I would like to reduce the blower noise as much as reasonably possible. before resorting to mufflers and insulated exhaust ducts.

any info would be appreciated.

I'm impressed at your stamina to find a noise reduction technique that is novel.

If you build some of your ideas, please post pictures. I'm thinking a giant silencer that can handle a 800 CFM blower. Hope your solution is actually a stunningly small device that takes the world by storm.

Back